How to use Google Docs
Google Docs is an online word processor that lets you create and format documents and work with other people. See our top five tips for Google Docs.
Step 1: Create a document
To create a new document:
- On your computer, open the Docs home screen at docs.google.com.
- In the top left, under "Start a new document," click New.
You can also create new documents from the URL docs.google.com/create.
Step 2: Edit and format
To edit a document:
- On your computer, open a document in Google Docs.
- To select a word, double-click it or use your cursor to select the text you want to change.
- Start editing.
- To undo or redo an action, at the top, click Undo or Redo .
Note: To edit a document on a touchscreen device, like a Pixel Book, double-tap the document to start typing.
You can add and edit text, paragraphs, spacing, and more in a document.