How to Submit a Workorder
ALL Technology Requests must come through our work order system so they can be tracked. Please do not send an email requesting assistance with your computer or SmartBoards as we do have a working process in place.
Here are the directions on how to submit a work order:
KEEP IN MIND THE FOLLOWING WHEN ENTERING THE WORKORDER CLASS
- Hardware Repair - fix something physically wrong with your computer or SmartBoard
- Hardware Setup - install or connect something on or attached to your computer or SmartBoard
- Software Install - install software program on your computer
- Software Repair/Update - repair how your software app or programs already installed on your computer runs
- Be sure to Include the following information in the subject:
- Student ID (if you are a student)
- Computer Asset number or serial number (on bottom of device)
- Brief description of problem.
- In the next field, include as much detail to help the technician understand what is happening (or not happening) with your device or software. The more specific the better as this will make it easier to determine the problem and resolve it. You can attach any files or screen you think would be necessary.
- Then click on Create Ticket
- Once you submit, you will be given a work order number and receive a verification email.
- When the next window opens, you will then be given an opportunity to print the workorder if necessary.
Following this process will ensure your requests are seen by the Technician and can be completed in a timely manner. This will also allow you to receive updates and notifications of work performed on your requests!