On Leave Devices
On Leave Device Process
When staff needs to go out on leave for any reason, the laptop and/or iPad with charger is to be collected and given to IT Department to be held in storage while staff is out.
- Create a workorder to have laptop/iPad and charger put in storage -- Subject line should be
- On Hold -- staff name, UID, asset number
- Technician will pick up device and charger and deliver to IT Department
- IT Department will place device in special area for storage and work order gets placed on hold.
- When staff returns, complete the following
- school updates on hold work order with teacher’s return date
- Create return workorder for interim device and charger pickup
- IT will pull device and charger and make sure it is charged and put in transfer area for technician to deliver back to school
- If interim device and charger were given, this device and charger must be returned when teacher device and charger were delivered or before
** Once IT Department has the teacher device and charger, an interim device can be requested.