Required Use Policy
Required Use Policy (Staff)
Iredell-Statesville Schools resources are provided for school-related purposes only. Acceptable uses of such technological resources are limited to responsible, efficient and legal activities that support learning and teaching. Use of school system technological resources for commercial gain or profit is prohibited. Student personal use of school system technological resources for amusement or entertainment is also prohibited. Because some incidental and occasional personal use by employees is inevitable, the board permits infrequent and brief personal use by employees so long as it occurs on personal time, does not interfere with school system business and is not otherwise prohibited by board policy or procedure.
Willful and deliberate damages to the devices will cause ISS to charge the staff the full cost of the replacement or repairs of the device. ALL damage claim incidents will be investigated by an Iredell-Statesville School Certified Technician.
The District will not be responsible for and may hold the employee responsible for:
- Damage caused off-campus by flood, fire, earthquake, or other external cause.
- Damage resulting from food, drink, or other liquid on or near the laptop.
- Damage caused by accident, abuse, pets, misuse or negligence (i.e. the laptop is placed in an unsafe location or position). This could include, but not limited to, leaving in a vehicle, exposure to dangerous temperatures, proximity to potential hazards, misuse or improper handling, etc.
- Damage caused by operating the product outside the permitted or intended use.
- Damage caused by service performed by anyone who is not an Iredell-Statesville Schools Certified Technician.
- Damage to a part or product that has been modified to alter functionality or capability.
- Damage to or removal of the serial number.
- If theft or loss occurs on school property, notify your principal within 24 hours. If theft or loss occurs off school property, contact local law enforcement, complete a police report and notify your principal within 24 hours.
Iredell-Statesville Schools resources are provided for school-related purposes only. Acceptable use of such technological resources are limited to responsible, efficient, and legal activities that support learning and teaching. The use of school system technological resources for commercial gain or profit is prohibited. I-SS staff will accept responsibility if allowing others (student, spouse, child, etc) to use their assigned system technological resources. Because some incidental and occasional personal use by employees is inevitable, the board permits infrequent and brief personal use by employees so long as it occurs on personal time, does not interfere with school system business, and is not otherwise prohibited by board policy or procedure. In addition, the following guidelines apply:
- All district Apple ID accounts will be set up with the school system email address. The password for this account will be kept on file with the school/department. All applications purchased on this account are the property of Iredell-Statesville Schools regardless of reimbursement.
- Purchasing of applications for the devices will follow normal purchasing guidelines. Gift cards are not to be purchased for the purchasing of applications. The ISS purchasing procedure for applications will be followed.
- Under no circumstance may software purchased by the school system be copied for personal use.
- Employees must comply with all applicable laws, including those relating to copyrights and trademarks, confidential information, and public records. Any use that violates state or federal law is strictly prohibited.
- No user of technological resources, including a person sending or receiving electronic communications, may engage in creating, intentionally viewing, accessing, downloading, storing, printing or transmitting images, graphics (including still or moving pictures), sound files, text files, documents, messages or other material that is obscene, defamatory, profane, pornographic, harassing, abusive or considered to be harmful to others.
- The use of anonymous proxies or VPNs to circumvent content filtering is prohibited.
I agree with these terms and understand that the device, power cord, and any peripheral items provided are the property of I-SS.
PRINT STAFF NAME_____________________________________________________
STAFF SIGNATURE & DATE_______________________________________________
Device Serial #:
I-SS Barcode #:
List any peripherals issued:
District Apple ID Setup (Staff)
Print Name ____________________________________________________
Apple ID ______________________________________________________
School Name __________________________________________________
We ask that you list the questions you choose as well as the answers you pick for 2 reasons:
- Apple has very tight security and if you ever need access to your account, and can’t remember your security questions, they may flag your account as having fraudulent activity.
- If you leave your school, and there have been any apps loaded that were paid for by the school, they belong to this Apple ID account. We will use these questions to go into the account and change the email associated with the account to the new teacher’s email address.
Security Question 1:______________________________________________________
Security Question 2:______________________________________________________
Security Question 3:______________________________________________________